15 års erfaring med å hjelpe bedrifter
velge bedre programvare

Vurderinger av Xero

4,4 (2 885)

Om Xero

Vakker, skybasert regnskapsprogramvare for små bedrifter. Tilgjengelig når som helst, hvor som helst.

Lær mer om Xero

Fordeler:

Integrates well with adds on to provide more sophisticated reporting. Integration with AI products such as ReceiptBank and Approval Donkey also work well.

Ulemper:

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited.

Vurderinger av Xero

Gjennomsnittlig score

Lett å bruke
Kundeservice
4,0
Funksjoner
Verdi for pengene

Sannsynlighet for anbefaling

Xero har en gjennomsnittlig vurdering på 4,4 av 5 stjerner, basert på 2 885 brukeranmeldelser på Capterra.

Har du brukt Xero før?

Del opplevelsen din med andre programvarekjøpere.

Filtrer anmeldelser (2 885)

Kathryn
Kathryn
Owner i USA
Kunst og håndverk, Selvstendig næringsdrivende

Vurderte alternativer:

Affordable professional level accounting software for small business

5,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: It's been easier to use Xero than I expected, but I had a nasty surprise at tax time when I realized the default accounts/descriptions for expenses did not correlate 1:1 to IRS categories. (I should have checked this more closely when I set up my accounts because it's a New Zealand company, and the previous product was local.) This means I will need to double-check all my transactions for 2018 and the IRS has my vastly overestimated tax payment until I can do that and file my return on an extension. I've had a much better experience importing data from financial institutions because Xero uses a well-known importing service that is trusted by the institutions. I like being able to match multiple invoices to bank deposits because I usually don't run to the bank for each check. This will be more valuable as my company grows. I should probably find an accountant to assist me with this, but I haven't found an accountant who understands both craft businesses and Xero.

Fordeler:

Professional double entry software at a very affordable price Accommodates both cash and accrual accounting Links to financial institutions to get transactions Uses standard importer recognized by the financial institutions instead of just trying to log in remotely (and triggering fraud alerts) Can match multiple invoices to a single deposit transaction imported from bank Can keep using Xero as company grows

Ulemper:

Pre-existing expense categories/descriptions don't map 1:1 with IRS definitions, so I'm having to go back to all my receipts to make sure expenses are entered in proper accounts because I didn't realize this when I switched More difficult to focus on specific expense categories to check transactions Have not been able to import historic data from previous app (possibly because it's not double entry) so I am still paying the subscription on that software to retain access to my data No integration with Craftybase, so I have to enter supply purchases and customer invoices there independently

Mark
Owner i Sør-Afrika
Detaljhandel, 2–10 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Easy, capable, and to the point

5,0 forrige måned Ny

Kommentarer: Overall, we love Xero, having come from a free alternative which took so much more time to use.

Fordeler:

We love Xero's ease of use and the straightforward way of defining accounts, setting tax settings on these accounts and then reconciling transactions.

Ulemper:

While Xero has many integrations to other external solutions/applications, it has none which are valuable to us, being our local South African payment gateways and Buy Now Pay Later providers for the purposes of importing transactions from them into Xero for transaction reconciliation - examples of integrations which would be fantastic are to PayFast, PayJustNow, Ozow, Payflex, HappyPay, Float, etc.

Alex
Owner i USA
Detaljhandel, 2–10 ansatte

Frustrating

3,0 for 2 måneder siden Ny

Kommentarer: They continually raise their prices but don’t improve their feed issues. I wish I had started with quick books and didn’t have to learn a new system if I leave xero. It was cheaper. Now they cost about the same. Just hasn’t been with it but I’ve been here so long it’s hard to change over

Fordeler:

When it works it’s great. Makes taxes much easier if you keep up with transactions.

Ulemper:

Constantly disconnects from one or more account. Or all of the. You can’t reconnect. Customer services doesn’t do anything to help but waste your time. They say it’s another companies fault that works with the banks but there is no way to reach them and they can’t do anything but put in requests that are ignored. Incredibly poor system. Over a month of no connection to accounts. A week or two here and there. Forget doing weekly account or even daily if this happens. No notice when it is working again. Or you have to manually import you5 feeds which is super time consuming, a bunch of steps and doesn’t work with iPads,

Nancy
President i USA
Restauranter, 11–50 ansatte

Great Software

4,0 for 4 måneder siden

Fordeler:

really easy to use & can have a multiple tabs open at one time

Ulemper:

needs more keyboard shortcuts & better access controls for users

Mark
Technical Manager i Storbritannia
Eiendomstjenester, 51–200 ansatte
Har brukt programvaren i: 6–12 måneder

Xero Deployment

4,0 forrige måned Ny

Kommentarer: In general, Xero is good cloud accounting solution which is many times easier to maintain than Sage.

Fordeler:

The speed of setting up the company and linking the bank. The online banking we use is not the easiest however, Xero had this covered.

Ulemper:

You cannot fully delete archived Invoices which can cause conflicts if you import old invoice numbers. We had a clash of new system and old invoice numbers and this caused problems with having to credit. It would have been easier if the invoice number could have just been edited.

Edwina
Owner i New Zealand
Underholdning, 2–10 ansatte

Happy user

5,0 forrige måned Ny

Fordeler:

The convenience and ease of use and I love how I can make the changes myself.

Ulemper:

The price is a little high for something I use myself.

joel
COO i Filippinene
Detaljhandel, 11–50 ansatte

Xero Recurring Bill Feature Review

5,0 for 2 uker siden Ny

Fordeler:

The recurring bill feature of xero is very easy to setup. It has corresponding placeholders that enables you to customize references and other information needed to easily identify the entries. You can choose the status of the recurring bill as well (draft, awaiting approval, awaiting payment). The option to choose frequency, due date, and end date provide flexibility when you setup the recurring bill.

Ulemper:

It is best to get someone who is an expert to setup xero and train the users so that you can deploy it immediately and accurately.

Munubi
Mechanical Engineer i USA
Transport/jernbane, 201–500 ansatte

Xero review 2024

5,0 for 2 uker siden Ny

Kommentarer: Overall Xero saves us time through intergration with payroll and POS systems.

Fordeler:

I like the dashboard which can quickly reconcile transactions,see what current bills needs to be paid and see where we are at on invoicing potential members not forgetting how easy it is to use this platform and the pricing is budget friendly for small and big organizations.

Ulemper:

To be honest I have not encountered any cons I like how modern and user friendly it is.

Janet
CFO i Filippinene
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 201–500 ansatte

What I Experience with Xero

Fordeler:

I use Xero as QBO alternative at workplace. It makes it a breeze to create, customize and send invoices.

Ulemper:

All works lit on my end but they should incorporate global enterprise accounting features.

Pierpaolo
Digital Marketer i USA
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 11–50 ansatte

My Experience With Xero

Fordeler:

Xero has been very effective in handling accounting and tool is smooth too. Has all accounting features we need.

Ulemper:

No issues at all. Xero has amazing features.

Gene
Senior Accountant i USA

Accounting Software Design for the Business Owner

5,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Xero give me, an accountant, a tool to provide my clients with that effectively gives them a tool for keeping their daily records in an orderly fashion make my job easier at the end of each month.

Fordeler:

Xero have been designed to be used by non-account business folks. However, once the data has been listed an accountant has a great tool to use to finish the company financial records (Monthly, Quarterly & Annually). It is also priced at a rate that works for most business owners.

Ulemper:

I really do not know of any areas within the software that I can list as "Least" liked. I do not know of any significant problems which I believe need correcting.

Regnskap, Selvstendig næringsdrivende

Vurderte alternativer:

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping solution for small business owners!

5,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Xero is an awesome bookkeeping and accounting software solution for startups and small business owners. It is indeed a good match for business owners who know nothing about accounting in order to keep their books and to properly manage their finances. From my own experience, I found that Xero is very user-friendly and its accounting interface is streamlined, almost seamless, and uncluttered. The Demo Company is very useful as you can manipulate data without worrying about messing up vital information in your practice company. Xero’s accounting dashboard shows the snapshot of your business (i.e., bank balances and reconciling items, outstanding invoices, and bills, accounts on the watchlist, etc.) and fully customizable depending on your needs. Quickbooks had been the leader of accounting software for small businesses for quite some time but Xero is becoming more popular because of its competitive offering and value proposition. Xero’s starting plan is very affordable and you have the option to add-on some features depending on your need. It also offers a basic inventory and fixed asset management functionality in all of its plans, which is very cool! And the best thing about Xero is the unlimited users allowed to access the financial information.

Fordeler:

- Affordable and cost less for startups and small businesses - Includes fixed assets and inventory management in all of its plans - Very user-friendly especially during migration or conversion of data - Allows unlimited users - Friendly 24/7 customer support

Ulemper:

- Some countries lack a built-in payroll option. - Customized reporting options are still limited. I wish Xero can allow you to create your own report. - The contact list of customers and suppliers is mixed together and needs to set-up manually to organize.

Quratulain
Quratulain
Head of Projects i Pakistan
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 2–10 ansatte

Best in Multi-currency accounting for SMB

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Xero was the best choice back in 2015 (when no one gave multi-currency) and still is in 2021 (when there are some who do). I have now added another company to Xero and cannot imagine shifting to another platform....ever.

Fordeler:

With most clients abroads, we find its best to bill them in their local currency. Luckily for us, Xero is there to help sort our books out and keep them in order. It integrates with many bank feeds & popular wallets/fintechs like PayPal, Payoneer & TransferWise so accounts are upto date - always. Another feature we really use is their tracking fields. Xero allows users to setup 2 tracking fields that can be added to invoices, expenses, bills and assigned to each line. This helps us keep track of project based work and has been our way since before Xero ventured into Project based accounting (that users need to pay additional fee for) It also integrates with online payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, GoCardless, and a few others; thus payments are a breeze for clients. As a non-accountant, Xero is easy to use even when you get into all the features it provides.

Ulemper:

They have made some changes to their UI esp where invoices and expenses are concerned. Luckily for older users, expenses are still free however, for new users it isnt and each person filing expenses on it needs to pay a small fee. I think it should be free for a small number of users (atleast 2) and then charged.

Andrew
Andrew
Accountant i USA

Xero is the One

5,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: I am very satisfied to be building my practice on Xero. They have a good product with a good company behind it. They seem to really care about their advisors and see them as key to their business model. They have a great community and great support.

Fordeler:

What I like most about Xero is its open-platform ethos. It's not one particular feature, it's the whole way that Xero approaches what it does, and it shows up all over the product. One small example is how easy it is to manually import bank transactions via CSV file, and then how easy it is to undo that import if it went wrong. It's less about features (although Cash Coding and Find & Recode are brilliant) and more about design choices.

Ulemper:

I want them to hurry up and integrate Hubdoc into Xero itself. And when that happens, I want there to be a way to generate a report that shows which GL transactions don't have a source document.

Advokatvirksomhet, 2–10 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Powerful Accounting Software that Enables Anyone to Effectively Manage Their Accounts

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Overall, Xero was a truly powerful software that took the dread of dealing with accounting and reconciliation and made it rather straightforward. The accounting process can effectively be handled by any person, which is rather refreshing. As an attorney, I'm not an accountant. So having something else to learn and utilize while already extremely busy would be a major inconvenience. However, Xero took what would have been a terrible experience and made it manageable.

Fordeler:

Xero is a pretty straightforward product that is effectively almost immediately deployable. Xero's dashboard is not bulky or overwhelming like a significant number of other accounting software tends to be. Xero's help manuals and tutorials were also very useful and are great for helping users quickly refamiliarize themselves with the software. Xero worked well for my law firm for IOLTA (Lawyer Trust Account) reconciliation purposes. With the software linked to your desired account, you can easily reconcile all incoming and outgoing payments and expenses on a given account. Once set up, you literally can log in right after making a purchase to reconcile your accounts without having to fumble through old receipts later to try to remember specific actions that were taken on behalf of a client.

Ulemper:

The only con that I personally experienced with Xero was that I routinely was required to relink and subsequently "resync" my banking account with Xero. Admittedly, this may have been a banking issue and not necessarily a Xero issue. However, when the relinking had to happen, this created a significant amount of issues because I was forced to relink the account, reimport expenses and incoming sums and then ensure that all the amounts had actually synced appropriately from my physical bank account to the Xero software.

Cody
Controller i USA
Underholdning, 51–200 ansatte

Easy to Implement and Manage Global Business, Low Customization Options

4,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Kanopy has found Xero to serve its needs well, but ultimately we moved on and migrated to NetSuite years later. We still keep Xero though for 1 international subsidiary that we found to be advantageous not to migrate. The mature business with complex operations may not find all needs are met with Xero, especially if the desire is to integrate many other tools/software with the ERP in a bi-directional data flow.

Fordeler:

Xero serves well as an "out of the box" accounting system, not unlike Quickbooks. It also has more functionality and use internationally, making it a superior choice to QB if your business operates on a global, multicurrency basis. There are some solid automations which can be implemented with Xero as well, and the canned reporting generally suffices for the majority of basic financial needs.

Ulemper:

Xero lacks the open customization options that software like Netsuite or Dynamics offers. For a small business this will often be fine, but a scaling operation looking to automate many functions based on unique business needs may someday find they have outgrown Xero and need to undergo an (often painful) ERP migration.

Simon
MD i Storbritannia
Regnskap, 11–50 ansatte

Vurderte alternativer:

Xero leads the way for cloud based accounting software for small to medium businesses

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Very good. It certainly seems to be market leader and for good reason.

Fordeler:

Although may not feature the type of reporting that would set it apart from competitors, it has good integration with other apps that can generally to the job. For accountants, the customer support is good enough. There is a large community so you can usually find the answer you need if you run into an issue

Ulemper:

Not every useful report is available. And may never get them if they arent on the roadmap. Only really found one strange issue around perpetual revaluing of forex that has not been resolved, and likely wont ever be. Its not critical, but would be useful.

Maciej
Co-founder & Marketing Director i Kuwait
Markedsføring og reklame, 2–10 ansatte

Comprehensive Accounting Software for Small Businesses

5,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: Overall, Xero is a great accounting software for small businesses. It is packed with features and has a user-friendly interface. The cost is quite high, but it is worth it for the features that it provides. The customer support could be better, but the overall experience has been positive.

Fordeler:

Xero is an incredibly comprehensive accounting software that is perfect for small businesses. It has all the necessary features for managing finances and the user interface is easy to use and understand. I love how it can be integrated with other accounting programs and it is constantly being updated with new features and improvements.

Ulemper:

Xero can be quite expensive as compared to other accounting software and the customer support is not always as helpful as one would hope. I have also encountered some glitches that can cause problems when trying to get things done.

Sue
Director and Governance Lead i Storbritannia
Helse, velvære og trening, 2–10 ansatte

Xero for non profits

5,0 for 9 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Now that I am up and running I really like it. The nominal structure is very different to Sage Line 50 but the principles are the same. I was advised by multiple accountants to choose Xero or Sage online above Quickbooks

Fordeler:

Online means that we can share information across the team as we do not work from a central office.

Ulemper:

I did need an expert to help me set up Xero and make sure all the data was imported correctly. We bought in around 10 hours of expert help to get us started.

Sherm
Creative Marketing Genius | Small Business Marketing Expert i USA
Markedsføring og reklame, 2–10 ansatte
Kilde: GetApp

Vurderte alternativer:

XERO reconciliation is an issue

4,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Overall, it's a decent program, with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a cloud based accounting program. Unfortunately working without being able to reconcile monthly made life too difficult. And not many accountants work with it, so that made it difficult to have professional eyes on my accounting.

Fordeler:

I loved how easy it was to integrate XERO with my bank accounts and Paypal. XERO seamlessly connected and kept my balances up to date. I also liked how easy it was to invoice clients and connect invoices to Paypal or Stripe.

Ulemper:

Unfortunately, the reconciliation process in XERO is a no-go for me. Rather than the Quickbooks and standard approach, where you do a monthly reconciliation against a bank statement, XERO had no such function. Once an item was matched up to a bank transaction, it was considered "reconciled." No option to close out a month and double-check transactions. I went back to QBO to get that feature.

William
CEO i USA
Anmelderkilde

The best at what it does

5,0 for 8 år siden

Kommentarer: Full Disclosure: I am an accountant and I recommend Xero to many of my clients. When the expectations are in alignment with the capabilities of the software, then everyone is happy. People get into trouble with ANY software when they jump in thinking they know what it does and are then disappointed. All accounting and ERP software has limitations and Xero is no exception, but what it does, it does well. It provides payables, receivables, bank reconciliation and general ledger as its core functionality. There is a very capable estimating/quoting/order/ process that ties into AR invoices smoothly. But, the requisition/purchase/inventory side is very, very basic. In fact there are no requisitions and the purchase orders are so limited that I recommend you not use them. The inventory is only what is needed to make the sales side functional. So, if you need strong inventory support, you have to use a third-party add-on designed just for this purpose.

Fordeler:

What is good about Xero are 1) Real-time bank feeds and bank reconciliation - this is what scared the pants off of Intuit and forced them to develop new functionality. 2) Xero fully embraces and enables third-party developers to provide niche solutions that have rich interaction with Xero. 3) The features keep getting better and better quarter after quarter. 4) Perhaps my relationship as a partner skews this, but I've had nothing but excellent support from Xero. I can call someone if I have to, but I almost always get issues resolved through technical support in a timely fashion. Some of my favorite add-ons for Xero are GeoOp for field services, Deputy which integrates its scheduling, time and attendance functions with Xero payroll, and Float which projects cashflow. The new reporting and the tags are fantastic.

Ulemper:

There are some features I would like to see "sooner," but they are on the roadmap for "later." People jump on Xero because of the price without having a Xero consultant evaluate their suitability for the application - that can create an expectation gap, and that inevitably leads to an unhappy customer. I just hate it when people let their wallet do their thinking for them and then blame the software because it "doesn't do enough." The payroll is fine. I spoke to the VP in charge of payroll development and he is all about improving the functionality, so it will continue to improve. What is there now is very well designed to be comprehensive and flexible, but there are situations where a third-party payroll like Gusto will make more sense for your organization. They are the first ones to suggest you look at solutions like Gusto, ADP, Paychex and others that integrate seamlessly with Xero. It is annoying that the tags are limited to two categories, and this won't be revised until they have their design for job costing completed. No word yet on when that will be.

Anmelderkilde

Great, intuitive and easy to use bookkeeping software, lacking for accountants, NO customer services

5,0 for 6 år siden

Kommentarer: It is so easy to use but support has to come from Accountants who are not customer service or techies and who are not adequately compensated for their efforts. It is enjoyable to use and definitely does the basics very well.

Fordeler:

For bookkeeping, small and medium-sized businesses this software is a dream. It is the most intuitive and easiest to use of all the accounting software that we reviewed. As an accountant, it is easy to fix user errors and mis-postings. There is a proper audit trail and safety checks built in. There are so many time-saving features like find and recode, repeating bills/invoices/journals, bank rules. The move toward AI is exciting too.

Ulemper:

The reports aren't GAP or IAS compliant so it is no good for reporting, final accounts production or tax. To get accountants interested and recommending Xero in the early days, they promised accountants that Final Accounts Production and Corporation Tax software was in their development queue but it never materialised and they burnt a lot of bridges with accountants when they announced that they had dropped FAP plans. This is why Quickbooks are getting such a big foothold and stealing market share from Xero. The software is expensive for what it is and you can get a lot more and better for your money with FreeAgent and QuickBooks. The biggest let down for Xero is that there is no telephone support, at all. Not even call back. You have to email and if you are on the opposite side of the world from New Zealand, it can take a full day to get an inital response and if there is any misunderstanding or info required, it can take days to get your problem resolved. This is really useless and a deal breaker for serious businesses. Another major failing in Xero is the number of times that the Bank Feed just doesn't work. This is outwith Xero's control and so it can often take months to resolve. This is amateur and best and negligent at worst.

Garreth N
Garreth N
Executive Director i New Zealand
Regnskap, 11–50 ansatte

Expensive But Good

4,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: Overall it has saved time, mostly thru automation of bank accounts and bank rules. As with all software there is some frustration, but Xero are continually improving.

Fordeler:

The software is easy to setup, easy to use, very transparent and well-supported by many accountants. It is designed with the end-user in mind, rather than the accountant. Depending on your package, it allows filing direct with IRD for GST and Payroll.

Ulemper:

There is no phone support, only via a web portal. Some matters are not documented well in any of the Xero-supplied "how to" e.g. best practice for issuing dividends.

Yongmei
Operations Manager i Storbritannia
Arrangementstjenester, 2–10 ansatte

Our business partner

5,0 for 7 måneder siden

Fordeler:

It’s very simple to use. It has all the features that our business requires from an accounting softwares. You can do payroll and VAT all in one place and submit from Xero with one click. It is extremely convenient. It is like another helpful staff in our company.

Ulemper:

Nothing really. Everything about Xero is really good. We are absolutely satisfied.

Fergus
General Manager i Irland
Byggebransjen, 11–50 ansatte
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Can't contact xero and more

1,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Can’t contact Xero
A little note for anyone out there looking to move to Xero Accounting. Xero will not allow you to contact them, except via their non customer friendly Xero Central. Xero will not take phone calls. Xero will not take emails. They don’t do “chat”. At all. Does that say enough about their customer service? This is just one of their many, many faults. Their customer service is genuinely the worst that I or anyone at our company have ever seen in a combined 200 years working with software packages. I strongly urge you, if you’re considering Xero as an accounting package, to think again and do your research first. They do not and will not listen to their customers. Don’t take my word for it, do your research and you’ll find out. There are dozens of requests to their product development and customer service, for VERY BASIC accounting functionality, some of which are ongoing for around 10 YEARS and despite hundreds of customers making the same request in some cases, they still choose to ignore it.
It’s hard to leave an accounting package, once you get involved but I promise you, that you will, once you see how terrible this company is, how little regard they have for paying customers, how silly some of the issues are and once you get the time to go through the whole change process again. Once again, I urge you to do your research and think again. I’ve spent the time writing this email in the hope that I can help someone to avoid the frustration and despair that we

Fordeler:

It has some good features but unfortunately they are overcome by the poor ones.

Ulemper:

There are so many negatives, it's hard to know where to start They can't be contacted so if you have a problem, you'll have it for a long time (or maybe forever) VAT retrun period can't be closed. So someone can amend an invoice or bill or add one in to a previous VAT period, which of course screws everything up You can't set a date for stock to arrive. When you make the order, the system assumest that it's now in stock! You can't save two customers with the same name! They will tell you to add a special character to duplicate names! Unbelievable but true! There are no delivery notes/packing slips. They tout a "workaround" but be warned, it's exactly 10 extra clicks so it's really not an option if you need this feature If you want to send a document after preparing it, first you have to save it, wait for it to save, it takes you out to a main screen, you have to click back into it and then send it (if you send directly, it will send a draft document only) Invoice, quotation, calendar functions are jumpy and extremely diffult to edit. This applies to all browsers, incognito modes, etc., it's just a really bad editor. If you enter a contact's account, system brings open documents to the top even if these are quotes which are no longer needed. Invoices, quotes, payments are then all muddled up together is it's very hard to see what you want. Extremely badly designed in this regard. If you create a Draft invoice, it takes a sequential number. This screws up your sequences.