15 års erfaring med å hjelpe bedrifter
velge bedre programvare

Om Datadog

Lag automatiserte, kodefrie tester på minutter med Datadog Synthetic Monitoring. Reduser varslingstretthet med automatisk deteksjon for UI-endringer

Lær mer om Datadog

Fordeler:

It's expensive but the pricing is easy to understand and keep track of.

Ulemper:

Filtered tags is very Slow. The integration with another tools is difficult.

Vurderinger av Datadog

Gjennomsnittlig score

Lett å bruke
Kundeservice
Funksjoner
Verdi for pengene

Sannsynlighet for anbefaling

Datadog har en gjennomsnittlig vurdering på 4,6 av 5 stjerner, basert på 243 brukeranmeldelser på Capterra.

Har du brukt Datadog før?

Del opplevelsen din med andre programvarekjøpere.

Filtrer anmeldelser (243)

Dnyanoba
Dnyanoba
Deputy Manager i India
Farmasi, 1 001–5 000 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Datadog for log analysis of cloud

5,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: Till now we have one of the good experience with the data dog as it is helping us a lot in monitoring our cloud and database server. A support from datadog team is also good thing to consider.

Fordeler:

The best feature of data dog is real time monitoring of logs and vulnerability scan which stands unique to save the server and cloud from further damaging

Ulemper:

The datadog user interface is very hard to learn and with the minimum training anyone cannot operate it fully also a lot of integrations are very difficult to operate.

Marcos
SRE Team Lead i Spania
Datamaskin, programvare, 1 001–5 000 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Datadog is great! Room to improve but definitely the future of observability

Fordeler:

For us the most liked feature of Datadog is the possibility to compare all data that we received from our platform. Being able to compare the platform status, the network status, the performance traces, the logs is really helpful letting us find issues where we couldn't find if we will do it manually.

Ulemper:

Datadog is great but it misses something, for example it could include a self remediation tool. Since every server has already installed a Datadog agent it would be so helpful if with the UX we could add, edit or delete custom checks in python or something like that, and if we could automate some actions programmed in the UX so we could work and integrate with escalation policies, alerts and more.

Craig
Owner i Australia
Datamaskin, programvare, 2–10 ansatte
Har brukt programvaren i: Gratis prøveperiode

Couldn't install

3,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: If you can get it running I am sure it's good.

Fordeler:

Looks like it should do the job, less log limits than other products.

Ulemper:

Spent days trying to get it working on a pretty vanilla Windows VM but never could get it up and running. Support pretty much just told me to read the documentation which wasn't really helpful after going over it ten times already. Had similar problem with another product and they could tell me the exact lines of the config and registry that needed changing.

Pankaj
Software Engineer i India
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 201–500 ansatte

Best Monitoring and Observability Tool

5,0 for 4 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Best and good experience with datadog tool.

Fordeler:

Experience with Datadog is Best. Using this Tool since 1 year. I worked on many monitoring tool but this is the one best for cloud and infrastructure monitoring. Datadog provides many third party tools integration, we did many integration and monitored many services. we can setup the alerts on our services for let us know before any unusual activity happens. and main thing is we can redirect that alerts to our notification channel and our teams to work on that. We can integrated our frontend and backend applications and we can collect logs also for our application and we can more debug it. They have built in dashboard feature we can manually create dashboards according to our use case. we can also create synthetic scripts and synthetic monitors such as ping for testing our website is available or not or its properly working or not. we can query our data and fetch it accordingly. Talking about AWS and azure services integration, Its totally easy our teams hasn't fetch any issue, its easy as it is. overall experience is good while using this tool best for keep our application and services up to date and running. They have active customer service.

Ulemper:

Nothing to dislike about Datadog, pricing is quite high but this tool has providing you lot more integration and active customer support so you can raise your query and You will get feedback fast.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist i USA
Internett, 1 001–5 000 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Using Datadog to guarantee bug-free software

4,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: It's an intuitive program that provides users with comprehensive records of all recent actions. Displays success or failure of the process. If the attempt fails, identify the faulty stage. It explains everything from beginning to conclusion.

Fordeler:

All of Datadog's basic building blocks are top-notch. Their data ingestion is lightning fast and (usually) dependable, their graph widget is adaptable and usable in a wide variety of contexts, and they have a good track record of introducing products that combine these features.

Ulemper:

Our experiences with Datadog support have been continuously negative; the company goes out of its way to avoid direct communication and offers irrelevant answers.

Srinivas
Srinivas
Vice President i USA
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 5 001–10 000 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Best Application Performance Monitoring tool!

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Datadog helped us solve a critical reliability and traceability problem we had with one of our customers. There was not clear visibility into the root cause of an issue when it happens and that caused finger pointing between teams. While there were other monitoring tools being used, they lacked the capabilities that Datadog has which provided much greater visibility and helped us improve the reliability of our system landscape. Onboarding was a breeze and customer service top notch!

Service Map, Session Replay, Custom metrics and monitors

Ulemper:

We had a sticker shock after onboarding, as the was the hosts were counted for certain infrastructure was not clear from the documentation.

Sandeep
Sandeep
Systems Engineer i Storbritannia
Eiendom, 10 000+ ansatte
Anmelderkilde

One Consol for everything related to monitoring

Kommentarer: Excellent.

Fordeler:

I need not have multiple monitoring solutions for different Applications. So, creating combined Dashboards/Monitors/Alerts is very convenient.

Ulemper:

Pricing is a little on the high end, but it's definitely worth it .

Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 11–50 ansatte
Har brukt programvaren i: 1–5 måneder

Great for working with AWS

5,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: We have been using DataDog to monitor our lambda logs for errors as well as keep track of load and uptime on various RDS and EC2/Fargate instances. The multiple account setup can be a bit flakey at times but overall the product works well and has a consistent interface

Fordeler:

The log imports from AWS work really well and are much faster at searching than using AWS Cloudwatch. I find it easy day to day to search for items in logs, especially after implementing a few log transformers

Ulemper:

initial setup gets a bit confusing sometimes, and it was easier to change the logging format of our code than to implement lots of parsers to make the log interpretation better

Yaniv
Yaniv
Director, QA & Processes i Israel
Datamaskin, programvare, 11–50 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Good service for logs management and analysis

4,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: We used it for querying and analyzing logs in case of problems in our platform (bugs, stability, performance, etc.)

Fordeler:

The searching and filtering capabilities where quite convenient

Ulemper:

The stability issues in the last year got more often than usual, which is quite problematic when you need access to you logs in real-time

Rayla
Rayla
Graduate Research Assistant i USA
Høyere utdanning, 51–200 ansatte
Har brukt programvaren i: Gratis prøveperiode
Anmelderkilde

I was hoping this would be a Splunk alternative

5,0 for 5 år siden

Fordeler:

Datadog is useful for visualizing and monitoring your cloud applications. If you have agents on you devices, it can analyze a ton of information coming in and show it to you, but that's where it ends, at least, as far as I could figure out in my free trial.

Ulemper:

I was very hopeful of this software, but I didn't want to throw agents from a product I've never used before on my servers and instances, so I tried to upload a data pull ( about 500,000 log entries) to Datadog, to see what it could do, but there's no way to upload a csv/txt file to the software. It has to be via agents on your services. I know that metadata would be missing from a csv, but it seems like a major oversight to not be able to accept a csv of logs for a new user to experiment at low risk.

Vurderte alternativer: Splunk Enterprise

Grunner til å bytte til Datadog: My company decided to stay with Splunk and not switch to Datadog. It has a lot more capabilities.

Aviram
Developer - devops i Israel
Datamaskin, programvare, 11–50 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Monitoring our micro services app with datadog

4,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Use it every day, easy to implement

All in one shop. APM, DB monitoring , synthetic transaction and log analysis

Ulemper:

APM does not work well on nodejs asyc services. Might be hard to track transactions.

Khatibur
Platform Engineer i India
Restauranter, 10 000+ ansatte

Real time Platform Monitoring Tools

5,0 for 10 måneder siden

Kommentarer: DataDog is the best observability monitoring tool to detect any type of error in the system. The user interface is very simple and customer support and account help our teams in providing training and guidance in case of any issue. It can easily integrate with all third-party tools like Jira, slack, opsgenie

Fordeler:

The most like features of datadog are it provides real-time monitoring of any happens In the system and it is easily customizable. With the help of logs, we can easily create the monitor and dashboards. It can easily use all other third-party tools and can create alerts. It also provides anomaly which works on past data and it is sensitive and useful. Datadog is also AI capable, There is a feature called Datadog Insight which can easily detect any error in the system.

Ulemper:

Datadog is a fairly new application, Learning advanced features we are not able to find much documentation and learning on the internet. It also stores limited historical data and licensing is fairly high compared to similar monitoring platforms.

Henry
SRE i USA
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 1 001–5 000 ansatte

New Aged way of Monitoring

4,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Overall experience has been great overall as our account managers will always do their best to try to meet our requirements and needs. They have done a good job at planning out all meetings with senior engineers when required.

Fordeler:

I truly enjoy the integrations that datadog provides. It allows us to view more metrics that are more of a deep dive into specific applications. These metrics help us understand what is widely monitored in the industry that we did not think about monitoring ourself. Another key item is that datadog comes out of the box systematic checks that we normally had to add in manually for a newly onboarded host.

Ulemper:

The item I dislike least is that when you decommission a host the application requires up to 24 hours for that host to officially disappear from the list rather than being removed immediately.

Shagun
Cloud Engineer i India
Datamaskin, programvare, 1 001–5 000 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

"Data-driven insights for smarter decision-making."

4,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: I've been using DataDog for a few months now and I'm really happy with it. It's a great monitoring and analytics platform for applications and infrastructure. It's easy to set up and configure, it's reliable, and it provides a lot of useful information to help me troubleshoot and monitor my applications. The dashboards and graphs are easy to understand and are great for getting an overview of how things are performing. The alerting and notifications are very useful, and I'm able to quickly identify and address any issues. Overall, I'm very satisfied with DataDog and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable and comprehensive monitoring and analytics platform.

Fordeler:

Datadog provides real-time insights into the performance of applications, servers, and services. It helps you quickly identify and troubleshoot issues before they become critical.Datadog is easy to set up and use. It requires minimal configuration and supports various cloud services and integrations, It provides a comprehensive monitoring system for both on-premises and cloud-based applications.

Ulemper:

Limited Customization Options: While Datadog provides a lot of pre-built dashboards and visualizations, it does not support extensive customizations.Datadog is a high-end monitoring platform, and its pricing reflects that. It can be expensive for small businesses, especially those who don’t have a large budget for monitoring software.

Isaac
Principal SRE Architect i USA
Helse, velvære og trening, 201–500 ansatte

Best in class APM that can meet all APM, Monitoring, and Logging needs

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: I love it - i use it for work, I use it for home. I find it amazing for finding problems and monitoring systems.

Fordeler:

I can handle ALL things in Datadog. I have an answer for CI / Pipelines, arbitrary metrics, trace data, logging and more.

Ulemper:

There are a lot of specific costs. Compare, if you will, with NewRelic (all features are free) or Dynatrace (cost on retention and davis units). If you enable "all the things", it can be costly.

Vurderte alternativer: Sumo Logic

Grunner til å velge Datadog: Better and more reliable.

Grunner til å bytte til Datadog: Better value, more performant

billl
dir of platform engineering i USA
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 51–200 ansatte

datadog stuff

5,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: i have a great account team that really partner with me. the service is very useful and reliable

Fordeler:

the ease of implimentation and the ability to capture meaningfully info easilyquickly

Ulemper:

it's super expensive....almost cost prohibitive

Engineering Lead i USA
Dataspill, 51–200 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Datadog is best in class

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Love it, could not imagine better.

Fordeler:

Easy to use and gives us the data we need to understand what is happening in our applications.

Ulemper:

It has taken us a while to implement. Ebs support is not as intuitive as others.

Jahiezer
Desarrollador i Venezuela
Informasjonsteknologi og -tjenester, 2–10 ansatte
Kilde: GetApp

one of the best software for monitoring in the market

4,0 for 6 år siden

Fordeler:

This software allows to monitoring all you need and also can find lots of solutions for a high gama of cases. by using this app i be able to see the problems that me and my team have, so we can solve it by utilizing all the data that datadog provides. Works in differents OS and that make things more easy

Ulemper:

The proces to instal and put in march this softwre can be a nightmare if you have not experience, it is really complicated. Though the software have nice tools, the price is not the best in the market, is posible to find something good for lowes price if you know what are you loking for. And finally haved some problem with some data transfer working with this app but i really dont konw what was the razon why

Jay
Enterprise Architect i Sør-Korea
Logistikk og leveringskjede, 201–500 ansatte

One Stop Shop for everything

Fordeler:

Correlation between APM, Infra, Log, Network and everything can make it possible to view in multiple dimensions. Also, RUM feature is so strong to cover the end-to-end observability in realtime.

Ulemper:

One of the most expensive tool. And it could be challenged by the management.

Yeamin
Senior DevOps Engineer i Australia
Økonomiske tjenester, 51–200 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Datadog is a great Observability+log analysis tool

4,0 for 8 måneder siden

Kommentarer: It's a great tool for monitoring, alerting, log analysis and synthetics. Good support for small startup companies as well.

Fordeler:

Ease of integrataion. Both alerts, metrics and log aggregation in one place. Website Synthetics was very useful too.

Ulemper:

Data ingestion cost can be too high at times if not controlled in a granular manner.

Markedsføring og reklame, 201–500 ansatte

Datadog review

4,0 i fjor

Fordeler:

I liked the fact that DataDog provides an easy-to-use platform for visualizing, monitoring, and alerting on all my infrastructure metrics. It's very comprehensive and the integrated dashboards allow me to quickly identify any issues. It's also great that it can integrate with other technologies, allowing me to have a complete view of my system.

Ulemper:

I didn't like the complexity of setting up custom dashboards and metrics. It was difficult to find the right combination of settings and tools to get the desired result.

Ashok
SRE i Canada
Gruvedrift og metaller, 10 000+ ansatte

Datadog experience

4,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: It's a good tool, needs to improve the collaboration of the support team.

Building Dashboards, Observability at the granular level

Ulemper:

Terminology , need to distinguish different resources and not tag them as one

Underholdning, 1 001–5 000 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Great first step for data tracking and incedent monitoring.

5,0 for 3 år siden

Fordeler:

I use this tool on a daily basis for handling errors both in our live environment and for testing. It allows me to see where an error may be coming from and follow it through to its source. I could not do my job effectively without datadog

Ulemper:

The filtering of data is not as comprehensive as I would like. I sometimes need to search through the results to find what I need. Displaying a record in the chronological order is not always perfect and I sometimes don't get the context I want.

Datamaskin, programvare, 2–10 ansatte
Har brukt programvaren i: 1–5 måneder

DataDog Review

4,0 for 12 måneder siden

Kommentarer: I think Datadog is the best observability and monitoring platform out there, I think the only con and thing you have to watch out for is its crazy expensive

Fordeler:

The breath of features you can have under Datadog is truly impressive, everything from Application, Website, Synthetic monitoring is covered under Datadog, so you have all your observability needs on one platform

Ulemper:

Pricing, it can get really expensive monitoring on Datadog.

Datamaskin, programvare, 201–500 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Many integration options and plethora of dashboards and visualizations

4,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: Dependable and reliable solution.

Fordeler:

Configuring monitoring tools is not always trivial, half of the battle is making sure metrics are flowing. Datadog is very flexible when it comes to sending metrics to their cloud. You can use collectD, statsd, file beats, or the 84523982 other options. Our orchestration software already had an option to enable Datadog collection. Once the data is in place, you need to figure out what metrics are relevant. Datadog has a number of pre-built dashboards tweaked for popular software systems. If you are using something homegrown, they can provide recommendations and optimizations after enough data has been ingested. API and documentation are top notch and we were able to build integrations quite easily.

Ulemper:

Datadog is purely cloud-based system so there's no on-prem option, only SaaS. Depending on your company, this may be a deal-breaker since all of your metrics data is hosted in the cloud. Since it's a SaaS based service, it won't be easy to move data to another service. Occasionally web UI will bog down but it's fairly performant for the most part.