15 års erfaring med å hjelpe bedrifter
velge bedre programvare

Vurderinger av AdvancedMD EHR

3,6 (453)

Om AdvancedMD EHR

AdvancedEHR: Spar tid og forbedre kliniske resultater med sømløs dataoverføring, enkel kartlegging, reseptutfylling på nett og andre medisinske verktøy.

Lær mer om AdvancedMD EHR

Fordeler:

The price was good, the functionality was acceptable.

Vurderinger av AdvancedMD EHR

3,6
Verdi for pengene
3,3

Sannsynlighet for anbefaling

AdvancedMD EHR har en gjennomsnittlig vurdering på 3,6 av 5 stjerner, basert på 453 brukeranmeldelser på Capterra.

Har du brukt AdvancedMD EHR før?

Del opplevelsen din med andre programvarekjøpere.

Filtrer anmeldelser (453)

Vishal
Vishal
Senior AR Executive i India
Verifisert LinkedIn-bruker
Sykehus- og helsetjenester, 1 001–5 000 ansatte

AdvancedMD is good

5,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Overall it was good experience by using AdvancedMD and I recommend it to others as well.

Fordeler:

Working in AdvancedMD is good and it's user friendly.

Ulemper:

Sometimes there is glitch. Software becomes slow for 5 minutes. Again it will be back to normal.

Erica
Director, HR and Administration i USA
Sykehus- og helsetjenester, 11–50 ansatte

Solid System

4,0 for 8 måneder siden

Kommentarer: Overall, AdvancedMD is a solid software. They have a ways to go to catch up with current end user expectations to make the experience better, but they are dedicated to making enhancements.

Fordeler:

AdvancedMD's ability to customize your templates is very good. You don't have to submit changes you'd like to implement to their development team to get them done; with the right permissions you're able to go in and make any changes you need to and they are available immediately. It does however take quite a bit of practice and patience to learn how to fully customize word merge templates. Their customer service is pretty helpful and readily available. Some of the customer service reps are really dedicated to finding solutions and are willing to try any and everything to help you find it, while others are not. Their account managers are really helpful and truly do advocate for what's best for their customers.

Ulemper:

As much as AdvancedMD is dedicated to enhancing their system, there are still some features that either need enhancing or don't exist, which for where we are in technology, could leave AdvancedMD lacking. For one, there isn't any marketing or referral data tracking in their Analytics feature. The customer survey isn't customizeable. Some essential features for telehealth are not there, for example an ask to mute feature. The connectivity for the telehealth feature could be better as well - we have lots of issues with patients and providers connecting to and maintaining their signal. If you don't have EDI agreements for electronic remittance, posting insurance payments is a very slow and tedious process with long wait times to navigate between fields. The online scheduling isn't truly integrated into their scheduling system. You have to create blocks and holds in order to populate the provider availability instead of it being able to see what's available based on the appointments that are already scheduled.

for 7 måneder siden

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. We are submitting your enhancement suggestions to be reviewed by our product team.

Cassie
Patient Services Manager i USA
Medisinsk praksis, 51–200 ansatte
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Very disappointed in implementation, training and customer service

2,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: I feel like I would have issues with any system, we cannot expect perfection, so overall it's not terrible. Honestly the most baffling part is the incompetency of the support and tech team. When things go awry, that is the point of a support team. We have been using AdvancedMD for about 8 months, I know more about the system than a majority of the people I have spoken to in the support department. If you choose this system, just know you will need someone very intuitive and willing to be a problem solver without the help of AMD.

Fordeler:

Basically everything our sales guy promised us we got, great price, features that we knew we needed are available. (switched from paper charting, so went in completely blind).

Ulemper:

Their customer service is by far my least favorite part. The implementation team was terrible and barely trained us, anything I understand about the system is because I figured it out myself through hours of trial & error/google searches/etc. Nearly every question or system issue we have had has been left unanswered, and almost any time I've reached out to support I can tell they have no idea what I am even asking. - You have to understand coding to make a simple note template. - The notes OFTEN have internal issues that change the note AFTER its signed.- There is no admin level that allows editing of a signed note...even when its a SYSTEM error and not user error. - Reporting is a MESS and very unorganized and difficult to figure out. You have to pay extra to get another level of reporting for BASIC information.- Things glitch all the time, support never knows why.- Even though it is a

Thomas
Physician-owner i USA
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

AdvancedMD is an excellent well integrated PM/EMR

5,0 for 4 måneder siden

Kommentarer: I have been happy with Advanced MD and it helps me run my solo medical practice efficiently.

Fordeler:

I have been using AdvanceMD for 6 years now. It is well integrated and has all of the software that I need in running my solo medical practice. It contains PM, Reporting, Messaging, Faxing, Patient Portal, EMR and E-prescribing. It is very customizable.

Ulemper:

It comes with a library of templates for the EMR but creating your own from scratch can be time consuming. Creating output of finished notes for these templates can also be difficult, but once it is set up it continues to work well.

Owner i USA
Datamaskin, programvare, 11–50 ansatte

New User for multiple clinics

4,0 for 6 måneder siden

Kommentarer: We have installed this for a number of clinics in the last several months with more to come. After the normal hurdles at the start we are starting to really fly and our clients are very happy.

Fordeler:

Without question the people and support from the company. The software is very good as well but without the backend support is just another piece of softare.

Ulemper:

A little confusing learning the AdvancedMD language. Differences in terminology was a short term stumbling block. Once that was cleared up all is great.

for 6 måneder siden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the review.

Andrew
PT clinic owner and PT i USA

Its Complicated

3,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: When it works well I am pretty pleased with the software, but I feel I have had to spend way too many hours trying to get things worked on and fixed, on the phone, on conference calls, and emailing or personal time troubleshooting problems. My job is being a PT and not chasing down software companies to get their job done right. I believe they should provide a customer support person designated to our practice that knows our workflow and has a direct line to work with.

Fordeler:

The software is customizable to providers which is nice, we have tools that help track productivity and we are able to keep a constant stream of revenue with our billing.

Ulemper:

We have a hard time with troubleshooting software problems due to the complexity of the software and the customer support has not been pleasant to work with, often times waiting for over an hour on the phone to get some simple questions answered, emails that go weeks with no response, and problems that go months without being fixed. Also, it would be nice if there were some more automated features such as visit number tracking on patients chart and on patients notes for Physical Therapy, alerts or prompts for progress notes.

Brian
Psychologist i USA
Psykiske helsetjenester, 10 000+ ansatte

Brian S. Review of Advanced MD

5,0 for 7 måneder siden

Fordeler:

Ease of use. All in one scheduling and EHR.

Ulemper:

Occasional tech glitches, but usually quickly resolved.

for 7 måneder siden

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the review.

Patricia
Nurse Practitioner i USA
Helse, velvære og trening, 11–50 ansatte

Not for everyone

3,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: If there was a glitch, then getting support to fix the glitch was a nightmare. When I finally gave up, manager of support services helped but not until I had 2 weeks of downtime.

Fordeler:

The mobile app was amazingly easy to use.

Ulemper:

Too many choices- made workflow confusing to user

Anita
Doctor i USA

Not good.

2,0 for 3 år siden

Kommentarer: Absolutely hated it. We ended up going with another practice because they never were able to give me what I asked.

Fordeler:

Pros are it is very customizable if you know how to code and create a system for yourself

Ulemper:

They don’t know dermatology at all. Simple stuff we asked was super complicated and we never got what we truly needed. Nothing was built in. It’s more for scheduling and not for EHR.

Quentin
Office Manager i USA
Medisinsk praksis
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Like the PM/EHR (even with pop-up ads), avoid Billing Service.

2,5 for 8 år siden

Fordeler:

There is more functionality built into the reporting side than we will ever use. We're a small practice (1 provider) and in terms of the software (PM and EHR), it exceeds our needs in functionality in almost every way. The user interface is a bit cumbersome (and now includes pop-up medication advertising, which is annoying...) in our setting (Family Practice), but not too complicated. The system up-time has been impressive. In the last year, I don't recall more than 2 brief interruptions, the longest of which was about 1/2 of a day and corrected by the next AM when we returned to work.

Ulemper:

There are a couple of significant downsides to Advanced MD, particularly the Billing portion of our service. Keep these things in mind if you're a small practice looking for a comprehensive software package (PM/EHR/Billing): Advanced MD is expensive relative to other comprehensive packages out there. I called to ask for a reduction, and was told that they would like to raise the rate to 9% because our monthly net income was lower than the average. They didn't raise it, but it set us out to explore other vendors. Not one competitor has quoted us over 6% for the same services. And not every vendor has a monthly minimum. We also receive pop-up medication advertisements in our patient EHR. Advertisements in our patient charts for medications... I called tech support asking about the ads shortly after they started and was told, "We can't remove them, they're part of the software." ]It seems surprising to see ads pushed in the software. Aside from the price and pushed ads, the software works well. The billing service, not so much. We had been using Advanced MD for over 1 year before we were given a person to contact for issues related to our service. They gave us an Account Manager a little over a month ago. In general, if you can deal with the forced advertisements within an expensive software package, don't require assistance or guidance aside from internet videos, you will do well with Advanced MD software. The same can't be said for the billing service, but for most practices, I would imagine that is a separate issue and expense. We chose to bundle and it is evaluated as such. If you just stick to the PM/EHR, even at the price, I think it is a decent software package.

Leibnyz
Vp i USA
Forbrukertjenester, 51–200 ansatte
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Large practices; Do not waste your time

1,0 i fjor

Kommentarer: I wanted to enroll on electronic billing via practice fusion but the communication between the programs is not two way . PF does not push schedule into advance , you will need to manually do so.

Fordeler:

This program is not design for a large practice . We were assigned a train person that had no knowledge and was learning the program herself . Our practice was out in the hands of someone that was not ready . After 5 months using the program we had to bill outside of it to get paid , still waiting on correct data transfer , most insurance carriers were advised to be added incorrectly setting out billing back to almost zero . I’m writing this review to prevent others from making the mistake of enrolling .

Ulemper:

The program is not easy to use or setup . Clearing house takes too long to provide Information about a claim status . Expect to pay 5-6 months setting up the program or more .

Alison
CEO i USA
Helse, velvære og trening, 2–10 ansatte
Anmelderkilde

Awful experience, Please save your time, money, and stress for patient care!

1,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Absolutely traumatic, exhausting, and awful!

Fordeler:

The mobile app. That is about the only thing I liked.

Ulemper:

complicated self made implementation and template, list, info creation. I thought I paid someone to do this, but I had to do it all. It took months. So expensive. Server is slow, poor customer service, no one could help me get claims to payers and I didn't get paid for months causing a SEVERE financial burden on my family, and despite my complaints, they locked me out when I didn't pay them but I hadn't gotten $.01 in payment to be able to pay my personal bills let alone their bill!

Natalie
Project Administrator i USA

Advanced MD Review

5,0 for 5 år siden

Kommentarer: We had a rough transition with Advanced MD but overall it has gotten a lot better and we don't have hardly any issues with the system.

Fordeler:

There are multiple options to do things, which makes it user specific. I also love that the product development team is always working on ways to improve the system and is great when it comes to listening to the every-day users.

Ulemper:

The help file can be difficult to use. On the PM side, you can hit F1 and it will pull up the help file for the screen you're in but that doesn't work for EHR and finding the correct help file can be difficult. I haven't had a lot of luck with tier 1 customer support. I find it to be very frustrating to call and have a lot of times found the answer myself while waiting on hold. We feel very "nickle and dimed" by the company.

Curtis
Director of Operations i USA
Helse, velvære og trening, 2–10 ansatte

Poor Customer Service Response Time After Purchase

3,0 for 4 år siden

Kommentarer: Overall I'm ok with the functionality of the software. My biggest problem is with the ongoing support by the sales team. The customer service that you call to deal with software related issues is ok and tends to do a decent job, but when it comes to doing things like adding on services, providers, etc and having to deal with our "account rep" this is where the communication and follow up is not acceptable at all. An example is that today, I was told our insurance verification portal would be turned on. I scheduled training this afternoon with my entire office staff. I communicated this several times this morning, even telling them that I could cancel and reschedule the training if it wasn't going to be ready. They never even bothered to respond and when the designated training time arrived the portal still wasn't turned on, even though I was told all they had to do was "flip a switch" on the back end. This ended up causing a total waste of my entire office and back office staff's time. Very frustrating!

Fordeler:

The price was good, the functionality was acceptable.

Ulemper:

The note templates are often difficult to customize and once done tend to have bugs that cause our providers frustration.

Nick
Office Administrator i USA
Helse, velvære og trening, 11–50 ansatte

Very Displeased

3,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: Poor customer service, very limited features.

Fordeler:

Once you learn how to navigate the system it is fairly straight forward. Integrating billing features into the chart is fairly easy.

Ulemper:

Where to start... Not only is AdvancedMD not intuitive, it is plagued with glitches and system failures. The Dashboard and rooming feature rarely works for most of the staff. The e-scribing is terrible. Chart notes are cumbersome and become huge without essential integrations. Auto population of information is elusive and only goes so far (eg. a chart summary does not auto-populate with a patient's BMI from that day. It doesn't matter how good you are at programming and customizing templates, a lot of necessary features are not available (you learn this after spending hours on the phone with customer support.)

Brian
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Overall good billing software program

3,0 for 7 år siden

Kommentarer: I am extremely disappointed in Advanced MD customer service. I have been using the product for about 8 years. They market the product as costing less than provider which is not accurate. I have 3 providers in my office and I have to pay /month. They admit to their mistakes in the software codes, but refuse to work with their clients when Advanced MD's mistakes cause significant harm to a practice.

Fordeler:

It will find errors on claims prior to submitting them to insurance carriers. It allows for macro billing which saves data entry time

Ulemper:

There are too many "add on modules" that you must purchase in order to get the functionality out of the program. There customer support is below average. We purchased an add on module that wasn't functioning properly. We noticed this 1 week after purchasing the module and made Advanced MD aware of the errors. It took them about 5 weeks to shut the program down and it caused financial harm to my practice and also upset many patients. The software was texting/emailing patients up to 16 times in one day. It was a significant error in the software code and Advanced MD refused to act quickly to shut down the module. In addition, Advanced MD continued to charge me monthly for the module even though it wasn't working correctly. They refuse to provide a solution.

Office Manager i USA
Anmelderkilde

AdvancedMD has been & still is a very good experience. The implemtation process was very organized

5,0 for 7 år siden

Kommentarer: Its changing our practice, and we will soon be "Chart" free (paper that is).

Fordeler:

The overall functionality is superb. I can log-in from any computer, or at home, even from my phone. Like when you need to know how early a patient can get in the next day or that morning. All of the parts work together as a whole like a finely tuned machine. The appointment schedule is a multi-tasker in itself, you can get to pretty much any function you need from there (except master files, fee schedules & settings, which are more of an admin function). Charge entry is awesome, and seamless to "search" for diagnosis codes and procedure codes. And, the insurance payment Auto-Posting is Unbelievable, like adjusting off correct amounts, putting patient responsible amounts to the patient account correctly, and in literally a minute or so. Also AMD is compatible with using "Dragon" for voice text entry and especially SOAP note creation. One of the absolutely best things is, it doesn't matter what specialty or type of provider you are, it will cover all of the bases. I began using billing & practice management software in the 80's so I have a lot to compare AMD to, so take a CLOSE look at AMD, and take it for a test drive !!!

Ulemper:

I think there should be the ability to do "Diagnosis pointing", so that U can define a specific Dx code to be most primary to each line item. For some practice types, that have more repitition of same or similar treatment from visit to visit, like PT or Chiro etc, I think having the functionality of somewhat more automated EHR note creating from visit to visit would also be helpful, even though AMD has a huge library of templates which is really awesome.

VaJezatha
Owner i USA
Psykiske helsetjenester, 2–10 ansatte
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Beware If you are NOT an MD, don't!

2,0 for 2 år siden

Kommentarer: If you are not a hospital or a very large medical office of the body, DO NOT. The sell is excellent, marketing excellent, but like Jimmy Choos everyone wants a pair but really? You at work every day.....for comfort, ease and practicality without the price gouging, in behavioral health..... Simple Practice!

Fordeler:

The people, once you get off hold, are patient and knowledgeable.

Ulemper:

The data is held hostage for another 2 grand after bleeding you nearly $300 monthly for what Simple Practice can give (plus Google Calendar intergration!) for less than $100.

Samantha
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

AdvancedMD PM - Improving but....

2,0 for 7 år siden

Kommentarer: I have had many issues with AMD over the years. I have been using the product for 5 years. The system looks outdated (although they are updating it slowly). Some sections require multiple clicks when you would think it would be just one. I have had multiple issues with support not following up. In fact, on one occasion I was informed that I was the only practice having the issue and they had no desire to fix it (which is poor customer service!). They charge you for each and every little thing separately. Other PM systems include certain features that AMD wants to charge additionally each month for, such as appointment confirmations and insurance verification. My biggest issue is employee tracking. You have to pay for additional reporting features to run a report to see whatever employee was doing each day (and they weren't really clear that with the additional reporting that I could create the report I wanted!). They leave much to be desired and I am looking for another system. We just don't want to be stuck like we are with AMD.

Fordeler:

claims processing is clear. That's about ALL this system currently has going for it.

Ulemper:

Everything else. Literally every single thing else.

susn
office manager i USA

Poorly written program

2,0 for 6 år siden

Kommentarer: Customer support generally easy to reach and very nice. Unfortunately, they frequently cannot help.

Fordeler:

Schedule relatively easy to use. It seemed easy to use and learn. Has an embedded credit card processor which saves steps but is expensive.

Ulemper:

Cannot edit any payment entries. It voids the transaction and you have to re-enter it. Reports are inadequate without having to purchase a specialized program so that you can create your own reports. . Does not have a clear to read report for only patient payments for year end reports for patients. . Does not show how a patient payment was paid or the payment date or check number if a check.. Does not total the payments so that patient's can match up their payments. We do liability cases and workers comp and we can not easily print CMS forms, or reports. The transaction detail reports do not list the payer and do not break down payments or write offs by insurance carriers. It is listed in a lump sum only.

Gary
Har brukt programvaren i: Ikke oppgitt
3,0 for 12 år siden

Kommentarer: After 4 months post going paperless, I can say AdvancedMD has been a mixed bag. We are a multispecialty group that primarily deals with workers compensation which requires a plethora of individualized forms and data. We use both the Practice Mangement (PM) billing program and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) program, but we only use the PM to hold information as billing in workers compensation must be done separately by another company. The PM is counterintuitive with it being practically impossible to track and tag custom information. For instance, we need to track attorney names and address attached to a case/patient. There are custom data entry fields, but these fields are not accessable by any reporting, datasheet, or anywhere within the PM or EHR. I couldn't build a simple demosheet in the PM. The EHR can only get some information from the PM program and only in the predesignated format which is strange. So, if you want the diagnoses from the billing program you can only get it as a table with attached start, chronic, and resolved dates (dates which can't be accessed from the EHR). We had to repeat the data in the EHR for many instances like this. Where AdvancedMD shines is the possibilities for programming custom reports in the EHR. While the interface can be frustrating with inane quirks, it is possible to create true detailed narrative reports. I have incredibly detailed reports that are quickly generated from the exam, but it took me over 150 hours to program. The customizable reports are why we stayed with AdvancedMD. Recording exams and handling chart items in the EHR is a breeze. The iLearn program is good. They can even do basic customization for you. You have to realize that someone at your office needs to become the expert on the system. You cannot depend on anyone at AdvancedMD to be able to change your templates later on. It is, however, relatively easy. Technical support can only reread the help files for you. In summary, we love the EHR organization and the custom report ability. We don't like the PM program due to its inability to have any custom date and some of the quirks of programming the EHR. If they made just a few basic functionalities available and had technical service, they could have a product that was head and shoulders above the rest.

Bronwyn
owner/operator i USA
Anmelderkilde

We have used Advanced EHR/PM x 3 years since opening a small clinic. Satisfaction is fair.

2,0 for 6 år siden

Kommentarer: The benefits are the mobility from desktop to mobile device is very useful and I believe the possibility of capturing our quality data will be good....eventually.

Fordeler:

The tab driven system is relatively easy to navigate. I believe it has the ability to address our quality measures and the templates are configurable. Customer support is good about putting out fires, however not preventing them. I really appreciate the CIE inbound and outbound option.

Ulemper:

The absolute LACK of timely communication and the lack of support to small clinics. For example, the ability to capture MIPS/MACRA data is available, however not easily accessible at least not to this provider who is also IT!!!! The configurable templates are probably "easy" if you are into IT!!!! There are too many "products", ie NEST, Insight etc. with limited explanation to their purpose. There doesn't seem to be any proactive resources for small clinics.

Doreen
Director/Provider i USA
Psykiske helsetjenester, 2–10 ansatte

Very Disappointed

3,0 for 6 år siden

Kommentarer: They will promise the moon and stars leaving you staring up at a black sky! I suggest you look elsewhere!

Fordeler:

Instant eligibility checking, ability to access a patient’s medication history from insurance company with touch of a button, template customization is easy.

Ulemper:

Too many different ways to do the same thing making it convoluted. Not at all user friendly or intuitive. Clunky. Hiccup after hiccup. Horrible mostly non existent tech support. Lots of errors and failed rx transmissions. Impossible to easily print a note or part of the chart! It doesn’t format to print without first creating what’s called a word merge template that coincides with each note template. Then you can create a document to print using this word merge option which pulls your note into a word doc. From there you need to edit spacing and copy and paste anything it failed to pull forward before you have a semi-professional note to print! Takes me at least an extra 20 minutes to do this! Ridiculous! Not to mention the price I was quoted and agreed to was half of what my average bill has been and they still, after 6 months have not been able to get billing set up with all my pay or sources!

Lisa
Billing Manager
Medisinsk praksis, 51–200 ansatte
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Best PM Application out there - HANDS DOWN! NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT ON THE MARKET - I KNOW.

5,0 for 8 år siden

Kommentarer: Listen... My words are worth their weight and gold! I do IT. I know computer software applications in healthcare. I have used almost everyone of them out there and can tell you this.. Billing. If you get another program your business will not be as financially successful as it could be. I know how to build databases, program and can tell you this was written by people who have done the job! I can't rave enough about the product!
Worse one out there... Centricity - Most labor intensive billing module there is! It's horrible. It in itself can cause a company to always stay in the red. I am experiencing it now and have twice in the past.Centricity - GET THIS CAN'T PRINT DOSAGE ON PAPER CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ADD IT. WANT TO PRINT A CLAIM FORM AND SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP - CAN'T. - STAY AWAY FROM CENTRICITY - AMD - WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU WILL SEE TRIPLE THE CASH FLOW. - IT'S CRAZY THE BLACK AND WHITE OF IT.

Fordeler:

Everything. - It would be lengthy to tell you the specifics of why it's better. Okay let's start here.... Everything is in a box - and it all flows and makes sense. button are where they should be. the process is smooth - I am a systems efficiencies expert and this is the only application that can follow suit. Online app can access from home.

Ulemper:

Um.... THus the point. I swear to Jesus if you knew me and to know I sit and can't write anything shocks me... I am a critic is the worst way.. Advanced MD is the total package - I have no complaints about people support or applications. I don't think I would use advanced md if I was a physical therapist. there that's it - it is not the best application for PT or DME. - but all other specialties it is the best.

Donna
Administrator
Sykehus- og helsetjenester, 2–10 ansatte
Kilde: SoftwareAdvice

Very easy to learn and use.

5,0 for 7 år siden

Kommentarer: We recently had to leave Adv MD because our EHR, that we had before Adv MD, recently developed scheduling and billing modules. That kept everything under one roof, but we still miss the convenience of the many features of Adv MD that our EHR does not have. I have no reservation in recommending Adv MD.

Fordeler:

There were many reports useful for billing, contract negotiation, AR, and patient demographics. It was easy to break out what charts had not been billed yet, what procedures were used the most, and how many patients were in what financial class or carrier. The schedule was super easy to see at a glance, daily, weekly or monthly.

Ulemper:

Some reports did not offer the option of beginning and ending dates. For example, to get a report of how many worker's compensation patients we saw in any given year, we would have to create a custom report that required a fee.